вторник, 26 марта 2019 г.

Clients

Sometimes I ask myself if the speechwriting market be compared to the one of massage where you hardly can say to your client: “I’m sorry, your back is too fat for my taste, I won’t touch you”.
It goes without saying, that any service is always a compromise. But, indeed, there is a question of how far you can push yourself to meet your client’s expectations.
Imagine if someone asks you to compose a racist speech for a far-right rally.
“Sorry, your back… erm…  your ideology is not my taste!”
You can’t produce a good text if you don’t believe in what you write. If you hate your speaker, you will never write anything really touching either. Just because your disappointed brain will fail to find those particular words that can hit the spot and touch people's hearts.
We respect masseurs because they help all people without exception. But can we respect a speechwriter who is willing to write any text for any client?

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий