среда, 17 апреля 2019 г.

Smart. Effective. Simple.

“Speaking and Presenting with Impact” had a significant impact on me.
SAPWI is the title of a training that I attended two weeks ago in Manchester. The training by Mr Lee Jackson, one of the best public speaking coaches in the UK, has divided my career of a speechwriter into “before” and “after”. 
How come? Was there any actual magic or a miracle? That was the point: no miracles whatsoever.
Every phrase, every exercise and every tip were simple and natural, but that simplicity was based on massive personal experience and coaching practice.
Eight hours of hard and interactive work had been ideally structured and flavoured with funny examples, exciting tasks, witty slides, and, what is more, with a great opportunity to speak in front of the audience and to then get detailed feedback and personalised guidelines.
Thanks to the Government Events company, the size of the group was optimal - there were only 10 people at the venue.
We all came from different spheres but I could clearly see that every student was getting what they really needed for their self-development and for their work.
It was very empowering to see one of the students who was able to overcome their stage fright and successfully complete their story. It was made possible by Lee’s gentle guidance.
As for me, I’ve got absolutely brilliant tips on storytelling, and how to produce perfect module-structured texts for different sorts of speeches.
I was the only international participant but the fact that English is my second language wasn’t an obstacle for the learning process. Lee was so friendly and so professional in communicating with every attendee, that I was really comfortable at every moment of the session.
I was lucky to have an opportunity to test my new knowledge just two days after the training. I gave a speech at a very prestigious seminar on political speechwriting and leadership and I really enjoyed it. It rarely happens that I mark my own job as well done, because I’m a very cruel critic of myself.
Huge thanks to Lee Jackson! It is inspiring to watch true professionals do their job.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий