понедельник, 11 марта 2019 г.

Speechwriting-2

The Start is the most difficult part of speechwriting. You might know a lot about the topic, but you could spend an hour watching the blinking cursor on the blank page.
Then one usually begins to write something formal like: “It’s not a secret that economic growth depends on the tax system…” or “today we have invited you to discuss a very important issue…”.
Indeed, both the opening lines can do the job and would be accepted patiently by the audience, but one really important thing that would be missed is the Contact.
A speechwriter must help his client not only to reproduce accurate facts but also, and most importantly, to captivate the audience and to establish an emotional rapport [rapo].
How can this be achieved?
Your mind provides a very useful tool: your imagination. Before I start writing a text, I imagine myself walking onto the stage towards the people who are waiting for me to speak. For example, if there is a meeting with veterans I picture old men and women with grey hair wearing suits with medals holding canes in their wrinkled hands. I am overcome with huge respect and gratitude, and these feelings set my fingers typing.
“Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, Dear soldiers of our Motherland,
It is a great honor for me to talk to you today. First of all I would like to say thank you for coming and for everything you have done for my generation and for our children…”.
Then you need to take your emotions under control and return to the contents plan.
Your opening must not be too long and neither should this piece of writing. 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий